There is a reason why having an online profile can help you land your dream job, it works for you 24/7. Funny thing is once most people put up an online profile they feel everything else should work in their favor. That’s where many go wrong; LinkedIn is where most professionals put up their profiles to get a chance for employers to get to know a little more about them. Now you can actually optimize your LinkedIn profile to increase your professional network.
A couple of things you can do to optimize your LinkedIn profile and increase your network.
- Fill in everything in your profile leave nothing out. Do not take for granted anything on your profile, hobbies, interests; everything counts. Looking at a half filled out profile doesn’t help you much and LinkedIn makes it very easy to notice sections that are incomplete. Also social media works wonders so linking your profile to your twitter is a given.
- If anything, your summary section is where you go all out in letting your prospective employers know about your personality and your career. A perfect place to put in your interests, your certifications and specialties.
- Your experience section in LinkedIn gives you straight forward questions to answer. Be generous with information here, put down everything you do or have done at your work. You find in some cases your title is not all you are assigned to do, there are a few other duties that fall under your desk. List them down also your goals and achievements will fit well in this section.
- Keep your interest section relevant to your career. Don’t be cowed, your interests are searchable by LinkedIn and could link you with other professionals.
- Finally, use keywords that describe your skills and career goals and try to use them as often as you can. You will find that incorporating keywords in your summary and skill section is regularly done; you can try and put keywords in your professional headline which appears just below your name on your profile. It will be one of the first things people see when they go through your profile.
Optimizing your LinkedIn profile is as simple as that, getting a LinkedIn profile is good optimizing it and making it simple for professionals to find you boosts your chances.